General Terms and Conditions and Cancellation Policy
The following General Terms and Conditions govern the contractual relationship between clients as participants in programs and seminars and the
Metaplan Gesellschaft für Planung und Organisation mbH (hereafter: Metaplan) Goethestraße 16 25451 Quickborn Germany (Phone: 04106-617 0; firstname.lastname@example.org) HRB 3808PI, VAT ID DE811788858.
Clients, in the context of these General Terms and Conditions, shall be understood to include both consumers and business people Deviating general terms and conditions of the participants are not valid.
Registration/Conclusion of contract
The presentation of the programs and seminars on the website (www.metaplan.com) does not constitute a legally binding offer of contract; it is merely a non-binding invitation to clients to book these seminars. Registration can be submitted to us via the Internet (www.metaplan.com), by telephone, or in writing by mail or e-mail. Registration becomes legally binding upon our written confirmation. Written confirmation will be sent no later than 14 days before the start of the course.
Cancellation by the organizer
Metaplan reserves the right to withdraw from the contract for good cause. A material reason exists, among others, in case of force majeure, failure to reach a minimum number of eight participants, or if the event leader falls ill. Cancellation must be declared immediately after becoming aware of the material reason, but no later than two weeks (for face-to-face events) or one week (for online-only events) before the start of the event. In this case, Metaplan will suggest an alternative date and will try to rebook the participants accordingly. If no alternative date can be found or if the participant does not wish to be rebooked for another date, any course fees already paid will be refunded in full. Further claims on the part of the participants, in particular claims for reimbursement of travel expenses or loss of earnings, shall not be recognized. However, this does not affect claims that can be attributed to intentional or grossly negligent behavior on the part of the organizer.
Change of the delivery mode
If Metaplan changes the mode of delivery (for example, if a face-to-face event takes place instead as a virtual event), Metaplan is obligated to inform the participants thereof four weeks before the start of the event, at the latest. After being informed, participants have one week to confirm their participation in the new mode, to cancel their participation free of charge, or to postpone it to a later event.
The participation fee will be invoiced after completion of the booked seminar or module, in accordance with the registration confirmation. Additional costs arise, for example, in the case of face-to-face events for meals and transfers; in the case of virtual events, for the rental of equipment, etc. The invoice amount (participation fee and any additional costs incurred, plus statutory VAT) is due 10 days after receipt of invoice without deduction. Participation in the event for only part of the time does not entitle participants to a reduction of the participation fee.
- In the course of the Metaplan events, the participants and Metaplan GmbH receive confidential information about project-related client data, which may constitute business or trade secrets of Metaplan GmbH or the companies of the other program participants.
- Both parties shall maintain strict confidentiality about all confidential client-related information during and after the end of the events. Furthermore, both parties undertake to treat all project-related client data that comes to their knowledge in the course of the events as strictly confidential. Furthermore, all confidential client-related documents shall be appropriately secured against disclosure to unauthorized persons. These obligations apply to the benefit of Metaplan GmbH, the participants as well as to the benefit of other companies whose confidential information is made the subject of the Metaplan events.
- Both sides are aware that no confidential information and/or data about clients that becomes known during participation in events may be used, reproduced or passed on to third parties unless the respective side concerned has given its express written permission beforehand. This also applies to photos taken during events in which participants are recognizable. This also applies to the dissemination of such photos on platforms or social networks. This also applies to the taking of screenshots or video captures in remote sessions.
- Both parties are aware that Metaplan GmbH, as well as the participants and also the possibly affected other companies, are entitled to immediate assertion of injunctive relief and claims for damages in the event of violations of the aforementioned obligations to protect confidential material.
- Metaplan provides accompanying materials in written, visual and audio form via a learning platform for events that are carried out remotely in whole or in part. The access data to this platform must be kept by participants registered on the platform in such a way that unauthorized access by third parties is excluded.
- Metaplan GmbH is authorized to record individual remote sessions and make them available to other participants (e.g. for the purpose of follow-up work if a live participation is missed). In cases where such recordings are used, Metaplan GmbH shall ensure that this content is made available in a suitable, password-protected form. In such cases, the participants must ensure that access to these recordings is only possible for authorized persons.
Client data is stored for processing, billing and advertising purposes in the form of the name, the name of the company, the personal postal address or that of the company, telephone number and e-mail address. The client may object to the use of his/her data for advertising purposes. The objection is to be sent to Metaplan Gesellschaft für Planung und Organisation mbH, Goethestraße 16, 25451 Quickborn, Germany or email@example.com.
We do not participate in dispute resolution proceedings before a consumer arbitration board. However, the law on alternative dispute resolution in consumer matters requires that we nevertheless point you to a consumer arbitration board that is responsible for you: Allgemeine Verbraucherschlichtungsstelle – Zentrum für Schlichtung e. V. Straßburger Str. 8 77694 Kehl Internet: www.universalschlichtungsstelle.de E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellation conditions for programs and seminars
Withdrawal/cancellation before the start of the program when booking the entire program
If a participant declares his/her withdrawal in writing before the start of the program, the following cost regulations apply:
- No costs are charged up to two months before the start of the first module.
- One-third of the participation fee is due between 2 months and 3 weeks before the start of the event.
- Half of the participation fee is due from three weeks before the start of the event.
Substitute participants can be provided at any time, provided that written notification is received by the organizer at least two working weeks before the start of the program and the substitute participant meets the participation requirements. The participation requirements are specified on our website at www.metaplan.com.
Withdrawal/cancellation after the start of the program when booking the entire program
If participation is cancelled in writing after the start of the first booked seminar module, all modules started up to that point shall be invoiced as individual seminars and, if applicable, offset against any payment already made. In addition, there is a cancellation fee of 30% on outstanding services that have not yet been delivered. The cancellation fee will be cleared if the participant makes up the cancelled services in the following program cycle in the next year at the conditions valid at that time.
Non-utilization of services/repetitions
If a participant does not use the full scope of services of the booked overall program, there is basically no claim for reimbursement for the unused part. If a participant cannot attend one of the modules for professional or private reasons, the organizer must be informed immediately. As a gesture of goodwill, a participant may request to make up a maximum of one module in the following program cycle in the following year without additional costs. The existing payment agreements remain unaffected.
Withdrawal/cancellation before the start of a module when booking a seminar
If a participant declares his/her withdrawal in writing before the start of the event, the following cost regulations apply:
- No costs will be charged up to two months before the start of the event.
- One-third of the seminar fee will be charged between two months and three weeks before the start of the event.
- The entire seminar fee is due from three weeks before the start of the event.
Substitute participants can be provided at any time, provided that written notification is received by the organizer at least one working week before the start of the event and the substitute participant meets the participation requirements.
Right of withdrawal
You have the right to revoke this contract within fourteen days without giving any reason. The withdrawal period is fourteen days from the date of conclusion of the contract. To exercise your right of withdrawal, you must inform us by means of a clear declaration (e.g. a letter sent by mail, fax or e-mail) of your decision to withdraw from this contract. To comply with the revocation period, it is sufficient that you send notification of your exercise of the right of revocation before the expiry of the revocation period. The revocation is to be sent to: Metaplan Gesellschaft für Planung und Organisation mbH, Goethestr. 16, 25451 Quickborn, Germany, email@example.com. For this purpose, you may use the sample revocation form at the end of the document, which is, however, not mandatory.
Consequences of the revocation
If you withdraw from this contract, we must refund all payments we have received from you immediately and at the latest within fourteen days of the day on which we received notification of your withdrawal from this contract. For this repayment, we will use the same means of payment that you used for the original transaction, unless expressly agreed otherwise with you; in no case will you be charged any fees because of this repayment. If you have requested that participation commence during the withdrawal period, you shall pay us a reasonable amount corresponding to the proportion of the services already provided up to the time you notify us of the exercise of the right of withdrawal with respect to this contract compared to the total scope of the services provided for in the contract.
The content of all events and all materials (event documents, recordings provided, etc.) are protected by copyright. They may only be used by the participating persons to whom they were made available. In particular, even partial publication, reproduction, transmission and editing, as well as recording of an event in audio or video or by screenshots, are not permitted.
The contract is exclusively subject to German law. To the extent permitted by law, the place of jurisdiction and performance for all claims and legal disputes arising from the contractual relationship shall be our registered office. Should individual provisions of these General Terms and Conditions be or become invalid or void, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions. In all other respects, the statutory provisions shall apply.
Last update to the General Terms and Conditions: March 31, 2021 You can access and print the General Terms and Conditions at our website at https://www.metaplan.com.
Sample cancellation form
(If you wish to cancel the contract, please fill out and return this form).
To Metaplan Gesellschaft für Planung und Organisation mbH Goethestraße 16 25451 Quickborn Germany (Telefon: 04106-617 0; Fax: 04106-617 firstname.lastname@example.org)
I hereby revoke the contract I have concluded for participation in the following seminar or program (*): ordered on: Name of the client: Address of the client: Date and signature of the client: ___________________________________ (*) Delete as applicate.